Two words that are written after each sentence sound alike, but have different meanings and spellings (they are homophones). Fill in the blankets with the correct words to complete each sentence.
The_____spent the ______ in the castle.
2. The______ on a _____ is called fur.
3. Yesterday the sky was clear ______ and the wind ____ from the north.
4. From ____ hundred flowers the prince had to find the fake flower before it was_____late.
5. After his illness John felt _____ for a ______.
Choose the right answer. Only one answer is correct.
Your ______ is a girl or a woman who has the same parents as you.
a)sister b)cousin c)aunt
2. Your _____ is the brother of your mother or father, or the husband of your aunt.
a)cousin b)uncle c)nephew
3. Your ______ is the daughter of your sister of brother.
a)cousin b)niece c)nephew
4. Mr. and Mrs. Brown are a nice old _____.
a)pair b)couple c)unite
5. ______ is someone who you know well and like, but who is not related to you.
a)Relative b)Friend c)Acquaintance