повторение, обобщение и систематизация знаний учащихся по данной теме.
развитие речевых умений.
совершенствование грамматических навыков (условные предложения)
развитие умений аудировать с детальным пониманием содержания.
развитие умения запрашивать информацию с помощью вопросов.
развитие способности к осмысленности восприятия и развитие способности к сравнению и сопоставлению фактов.
способствовать формированию интереса к системам образования в англоязычных странах.
Оборудование: доска, таблица, упражнения с заданиями.
Приветствие, сообщение о теме и характере работы на данном урокGood morning! I am very glad to see you and hope that you are ready for the lesson and you are in a good mood. Today the theme of our lesson is "The system of school education in Canada". Today we’ll speak about the role of knowledge in our life.
2. Warming-up. Для настройки учащихся на беседу по теме используется высказывание.
T. : Answer the questions, please.
1. What type of school is our school?
2. What age do our pupils start school?
3. What age do our students leave school?
4. What are your core subjects?
5.What form are you in?
6.How many lessons do you usually have?
7.How many subjects do you have?
8.What subjects do you prefer?
9.What subjects are difficult for you?
10.Do you like your school life?
11. When does our school year begin?
12. When does our school year end?
Teacher: There is a saying about education. Let’s read and translate it.
The better a person is educated, the greater his/her chance for success and high living standard is. (How do you understand it? The more a man knows, the more opportunities he has. Knowledge gives a man great power. Everybody must try to increase his knowledge.)
3. Развитие речевых навыков.
Teacher: The more we learn – the more we know, The more we know – the more we forget, The more we forget – the less we know. So why study?
So, “Why do you study? Why do you go to school?”, “Is education important?”
Pupils: I go to school, because we must get education school;
because secondary education is compulsory;
because we have exams this year; because it is interesting to study;
because I like to take part in social life;
because knowledge is power; because I want to get an interesting profession; because I want to enter a University;
because I want to succeed in life.
4. Phonetic practice. Teacher: Now let’s remember proverbs about learning. Find the end of the proverbs and give Russion equivalents.
Live and learn. - Век живи, век учись. It’s never late to learn. - Учиться никогда не поздно. Practice makes perfect. - Повторение – мать учения.
A little learning is a dangerous thing. - Недоученный хуже ученого.Learning is an eye in the mind. - Учение – свет, а не ученье - тьма.Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.- Никогда не откладывай на завтра то, что можешь сделать сегодня.
5. Активизация лексических навыков.
Teacher: Give the definition for the following (using active vocabulary from our theme):
– the process of teaching or leaning, usually in a school or college (education).
– to go to (school) (attend).
- a school for children between 3 and 6 years old that prepare them for school – kindergarten (nursery school)
–a school for children between the ages 7 to 10 – primary school
– a school for children between the ages of 11 to 18 – secondary school
– a set of clothes that school children wear so that they all look the same (school uniform).
– an organization for people who have the same interest or enjoy similar activities – club
- to get good results for exams – to pass exams
6. Контроль домашнего задания. Teacher: Your homework was to find some interesting information about education in Canada . Let’s listen to some of you.
1.T. : Read the text « Schools in Canada. » ,exchange the information with each other
Schools in Canada.Canada consists of 10 provinces and 2 territories. Each province has its own educational system reflected its particular region, history and culture. Canada doesn't have a federal educational programme. However, the education is compulsory and the children are required by law to attend school at the age from 5 to 16. There are different types of schools in the country: state or public schools, special and private. All non-private education is free. About 5 million children attend public schools, which have a great financial support of the government. Private schools have 250 thousand students. Special schools offer more religions education, they are formed according to the religious denomination. Special schools are either for boys or for girls.
The Canadian pupils study 2 official languages and other basic subjects such as Maths, social studies, introductory arts and science. The quality of the education is rather high, because the Canadians believe in the importance of education. To encourage the best students a system of scholarships was set in Canada in 2000. A student can receive up to $ 3.000 a year for excellent knowledge. The school year begins on the first Tuesday of September. It ends in the end of June
2.Exchange the information with each other
3. tell the contents of the texts
a.Now listen to my statements, express your agreement or disagreement
1 Canada consists of 18 provinces and 2 territories.
2 Canada doesn't have a federal educational programme.
3 The children are required by law to attend school at the age from 5 to 16.
4 The Canadian pupils study 2 official languages
5 The quality of the education is not so high.
6. About 5 million children attend public schools.
8. ReflexionComplete the sentences.
1 group - Canada 2 group - Kazakhstan
The children are required by law to attend school at the age…..
There are different types of schools in the country:……The pupils study ….. official languages.
The core subjects are….
. A student can receive scholarships up to …… f. The school year begins on….. It ends in the end ……
Good morning! I am very glad to see you and hope that you are ready for the lesson and you are in a good mood. Today the theme of our lesson is "The system of school education in English-speaking countries and in our country". Today we’ll speak about the role of knowledge in our life. Our task is to remember and discuss all aspects of school education which are typical of Great Britain, the USA and our country.