TEST – 10. Unit 1. (Лексика, Грамматика)
I. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. The Australian continent is washed in the north by ….a) the Arafura Sea b) the Irish Sea c) the North Sea
2. The land varies from high mountains to deep canyons in ….
a) Australia b) the USA c) the UK
3. The USA stretches from … in the north to … in the south.
a) Canada … Mexico b) Mexico … Canada c) Brazil … Cuba
4. … is the highest mountain in England and Wales. a) Snowdon b) Elbrus c) Everest
5. No place in … is more than 75 miles from the sea. a) Great Britain b) the USA c) Australia
6. The centre of the Australian continent is taken by …. a) the mountain ranges b) the deserts c) the plains
7. The chief rivers of Great Britain are …, ….
a) the Avon, the Thames b) the Missouri, the Yukon c) the Murray, the Darling
8. … is located to the south of Asia, between the Pacific and Indian oceans.
a) The USA b) Great Britain c) Australia
9. The southern parts of … have warm temperatures year round, but the northern parts have very cold winters. a) Australia b) the UK c) the USA
10. … is typical of the UK. a) steady rainfall b) severe drought c) cold winter
II. Поставьте артикль, если это необходимо
Can you show … Australia on the map?
… Pacific Ocean is one of the largest in the world.
… UK is separated from … Europe by … Straits of Dover.
The group of Russian film-makers went to … Cannes to take part in the festival.
… Everest has been conquered by some of the alpinists.
… Baikal, one of the cleanest lakes, is known for its unique nature.
He took part in the expedition across … Gobi desert.
The group of our students travelled to … USA on cross cultural tour.
…Russia had the name …USSR some years ago.
… England is washed by … North Sea.
III. Исправьте ошибки в построении косвенного вопроса
Could you tell me, in which state is Disney Land situated?
I should interested to know what are the major country's exports and imports?
Do you know how many time zones are there in the USA?
Have you got any idea how did dead valley get its name?
Do you happen know how far is it to the airport?
Do you know when has he gone to Paris?
Do you know where is he starting?
Could you tell me what is the time?
Do you know if have they got a family?
Do you know how does the mechanism works?