Тема: Обобщение грамматики и лексики по теме «Human rights»Дата – 17/18.03.2014
Класс – 9
Цель: обобщение и систематизация знаний
- повторение правил словообразования, расширение словарного запаса;
- сравнение и обобщение грамматических правил образования и употребления условных предложений;
- развитие навыков монологической речи, умения вступать в/поддерживать дискуссию;
- совершенствование произносительных навыков.
- развитие зрительной и слуховой памяти, логического, аналитического, критического мышления, внимательности.
- воспитание умения слушать и слышать друг друга, взаимоуважения;
- формирование положительной мотивации к изучению английского языка.
- развитие умений само- и взаимоконтроля.
- Good morning, dear students. Nice to see you. Sit down, please.
- How are you? Are you fine?
Актуализация лексического материала.
(на доске список слов разных частей речи)
Race, democratic, nationality, declare, tolerant, relate, separatist, discriminate, diverse, equality, protect, violent.
Choose the words according to the part of speech (по вариантам – сущ., прил., глаг.) and make up all possible parts of speech.
Nouns Adjectives Adverbs Verbs
race racial democracy democratic democratically nation, nationality national nationally declaration declarative declaratively declare
separatist separate separately separate
etc. etc. etc. etc.
Постановка целей и задач.
What will we do today? – Speak about human rights and discrimination
How can these words help you? – To use different parts of speech while speaking.
You are right. So today we’ll remember and practice how to build words and practice using them in speech.
Активизация лексики в монологическом высказывании.
Complete the sentences (на карточках – 3 варианта) using one of your words and other students – listen and translate them/ say your opinion about it.
… (Racists) are people who discriminate the people of different color of their skin or people of other … (nationality). It is called … (racial) discrimination.
The Declaration of Human rights guarantees everybody … (equal) rights with other people.
If politicians can’t agree with common ideas they become … (separatists) and can cause conflicts in the government.
If Napoleon and Hitler had accepted … (equality) of different …(nations), the Wars wouldn’t have taken place.
The … (Declaration) of Human rights is an international document that guarantees … (protection) of people’s freedoms and interests.
People all over the world want to be … (protected) against any … (discrimination) - age or sexual, religious or racial.
If people have bad … (relationships), they may often quarrel or if people often quarrel, they may … (relate) each other badly.
If people don’t … (discriminate) other nations, we will live peacefully.
People who have … (diverse) opinions may not understand each other.
The Declaration of Human rights can stop … (violence) against people.
If you do not respect other people’s culture and do not accept other opinions you have no … (tolerance). You can be called an … (intolerant) person.
If they had … (democracy) in Arabic countries, they would give equal rights to women and men.
Agree or disagree with each statement. Explain why you think so.
I completely agree/ disagree with it.
I don’t think so.
I’m not sure that …
I’m afraid I can’t agree with it.
I feel strongly against/ for it.
On the one hand it’s true/ false but on the other hand …
- Compare the sentences 3 and 4 in your cards. Are they similar or different? Why do you think so?
How do we call such sentences? (conditional)
What conditional types do you know? How many of them are there in English? Let’s draw the table and compare them.
- Make up conditional sentences using the phrases from ex. 141 p.145.
1) If I saw some schoolboys beating a smaller boy, I would try to stop violence. (Etc.)- And what would you really do?
- Change these sentences according to 1and 3 conditional types.
- Answer my questions, please.
- What would you do if you …(saw a crocodile in the street/ visited London/ lived in the Ukraine/ were a president, etc.)
- If I … I would …
- Make up your own dialogues. Ask as many questions as you can (but not less than 5).
Подведение итогов. Оценивание.
Thank you, dear students. You are very good/ right/ active today. What was the most difficult for you? Do you have any questions?
The most active and correct students today were … I’ll give you “5”.
… worked quite well today. I’ll give you “4”.
- Learn your dialogues at home (in roles). Thank you for the lesson. See you next time.